The DOST-SEI Foreign Graduate Scholarship Program is one of the Graduate Scholarship Program which is given to the Department of Science and Technology – Science and Education Institute, This Schoalrship id for the Philippines Students.
- School Fees – Actual tuition and other school fees
based on Statement of Account or Official Receipt.
- Book Allowance – For prescribed textbooks and
essential school supplies to be released as outright
- Thesis/Dissertation Allowance.
- Transportation Allowance – Restricted international
one round trip economy fare (start and end of the
scholarship period only).
- Pre- Departure Expenses (one time only).
- Monthly Stipend/Living Allowance.
- Relocation Allowance.
- Health/Accident Insurance.
- Application Form
- Birth Certificate (Photocopy)
- Certified True Copy of the Official Transcript of Record
- Endorsement from the two former professors in college (For MS applicant) or two from professors in the MS Program for applicant pursuing a PhD program
- If employed:
-Recommendation from Head of Agency
-Permission to take a leave of absence (LOA) while on scholarship
- Medical Certificate as to health status and fitness to study from a licensed physician with his/her PRC license number indicated
- Valid NBI Clearance
- Letter of Admission to the foreign university Program of Study
- Budgetary Requirements (with supporting document for bases of rates used)
- Re-entry Plan, narrative
The scholars, immediately upon completion of their scholarship program, shall return to the Philippines to render service physically on full-time basis in their sending institution, preferably along their fields of specialization for a period equivalent to twice the length of time or a fraction thereof that they enjoyed
the MS/PhD scholarships.
Any service rendered before the completion of the scholarship grant shall not be counted/considered part
of the service obligation.
- The qualified applicants will pursue MS or PhD Program on a full-time basis for a maximum period of 24 or 36 months, respectively;
- No lateral entrant shall be considered;
- The Scholar must not avail or enjoy any other scholarships;
- The scholar must make a full-time commitment to the scholarship and not engage in any form of employment during the period.
- Non-completion of degree or failure to render service, preferably in his/her sending institution, may be a ground for refund in full the total financial assistance received with 12% interest to the DOST-SEI; and the salaries and other remunerations, if there is any, to his/her sending institution.
How to Apply ?
Science & Technology Scholarship Divison SCIENCE EDUCATION INSTITUTE Department of Science and Technology 2nd Level Science Heritage Building DOST Compound, Bicutan, Taguig City
Phone Nos.: 8837-2071 loc. 2382
Mobile No.: 0927-886-8816
Email: [email protected]
Priority fields of study
- Aerospace Engineering
- Animal Science
- Artificial Intelligence
- Atmospheric Science
- Biomechanics and Rehabilitation Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Climate Change and Health
- Combinatorial Chemistry
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Disaster (Health) Risk Financing
- Disaster (Health) Risk Management
- Disaster Medicine/Emergency Medicine
- Earth Science
- Energy Engineering
- Environment and Health
- Genetic Epidemiology
- Health Risk Communication
- Health Science Communication
- Health Technology Assessment
- Intelligent Health Care Systems/Digital Health/eHealth
- Marine Science (and Management)
- Medical Entomology
- Medical Physics
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Molecular Biology / Biotechnology
- Natural Products Chemistry
- Nuclear Medicine
- Nuclear Science and Engineering
- Physics-High energy physics
- Plant Breeding
- Plant Pathology
- Radio Chemistry
- Software Engineering
- Soil Science
- Space Science and Engineering
- Space Studies
- Space Technology and Application
- Technology Management
- Veterinary Entomology
- Veterinary Medicine
A scholar must enroll in a foreign university with good track record and/or a recognized higher education/research institution in the specialized field in S&T to be pursued.
CRITERIA OF ELIGIBILITY
The scholarship shall be open to all Filipino citizens who are in their first five years of their research career (measured from the date when the applicant obtained his/her baccalaureate degree) and meet the eligibility requirements.
An applicant must
- be a Filipino citizen;
- not be more than 50 years old at the time of application;
- be in good health condition;
- pass the admission requirements for graduate studies in a
foreign university with good track record;
- pass the interview and other screening procedures; and
- align the research interest with the areas/programs
identified under the DOST’s Harmonized National
Research and Development Agenda (HNRDA).
Note: An Applicant who has already started his/her studies abroad prior to application can no longer apply.
An applicant goes through the following selection procedure:
First Level Screening:
Documentary evaluation of the form and other requirements
Second Level Screening:
Evaluation of research topic and re-entry plan by concerned
Dates to Remember
January to July Intake August to December Intake
Deadline for Filing of Applications September 15 of the previous year April 15
Panel Interview (as needed) October May
Announcement of Results November June
Third Level Screening (As needed):
Interview by a panel to be created by the SEI Director with
representatives coming from the DOST Councils and other
relevant DOST agencies