An affiliated organisation of the Philippine Department of Migrant Workers, the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA); Filipino: Pangasiwaan sa Kagalingan ng Manggagawa sa Ibayong-dagat) is sometimes abbreviated as. In addition to offering social security, cultural programs, and support with job, remittances, and legal issues, it safeguards the interests of overseas Filipino workers and their families.It is financed by an annual mandatory contribution from employers and foreign employees. Renamed the Welfare and Training Fund for Overseas Workers, the organisation was established in 1977.Its headquarters are located in Pasay, next to the EDSA Extension in the Philippines, at F.B. Harrison Street and 7th Street.
APPLY NOW : DOST SCHOLARSHIP
How Many Slots In OWWA (EDSP);
- Total slots 1,600
- EDSP1 new incoming first-year colleges students.
- EDSP 2 2nd to 5th year college students.
APPLY NOW : TERTIARY EDUCATION SUBSIDY
OWWA (EDSP) Documents Requirements;
- Ofw valid government ossued i.d.
- Applicants valid id(government or school issued id )
- Proof of grades (grade 11) i.e form 137/tor, form 138, or certificate of grades
- Proof of income (for cmwsp applicants 0nly)i.e income tax return,employment contract indicating salary,pay slip, etc.
APPLY NOW : STI SCHOLARSHIP
The Department of Science and Technology Science and Education Institute (DOST-SEI) administers the OWWA pre-qualifying examination. Qualified beneficiaries/dependents of OWWA Members who rank among the top examinees and plan to enroll in a selected baccalaureate course at any college or university in the Philippines are eligible to apply for the Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP). Up to Php60,000.00 in financial aid is offered each academic year until the four to five-year baccalaureate program is finished.
OWWA (EDSP) Online Application;
OWWA (EDSP) SCHOLARSHIP
OWWA Scholarship (EDSP) DEADLINE;
- Owwa (EDSP) Application starts november 20,2023
- Owwa (EDSP) Deadline january 15,2024
SOURCE FROM : OWWA